Last Updated: March 11, 2015
edWeb.TV is a premium service of edWeb.net and provides an easy way to watch edWeb webinars on-demand via a video hosting platform. edWeb.TV and edWeb.net are both owned and operated by edWeb LLC.
When you register on edWeb.TV, you create an account that requires your email address, first and last name, and a password. Additional information including your institution, title, alternate email address, and mailing address are optional for individual subscribers. If you are applying for a multi-user license, your institution, title, phone number, and institution mailing address are required so we have complete contact information for your site license.
Your edWeb.TV user ID (login) is your email address and you create a private password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree to allow edWeb.TV to update your email address if edWeb.TV receives a change of email notice from you.
You can access and update your account information, update your subscription, or cancel your subscription in the “My Account” section of the website.
How We Use Your Information
- If you view a webinar that is hosted, presented, or sponsored by an organization, we may provide your email, contact information, and information on your activity to that organization so they can contact you directly.
- If you take a CE quiz that accompanies a webinar, we may provide your email, contact information, and information on your activity to the organization that hosted, presented, or sponsored the webinar.
- If you are a subscriber to edWeb.TV as part of a multi-user licensing agreement on the part of your school or institution, then you agree to have information on your personal activity such as the webinars you’ve viewed and the CE certificates you’ve earned, reported to the administrator of the multi-user agreement.
- We may supplement information provided by you with information we obtain from other sources on your school including demographic data on your school and your school address, website, and phone number.
- We may supplement information provided by you with information from your edWeb.net membership if you have also joined edWeb.net.
- Your contact information includes any of the information you have provided when you create or update your edWeb.TV subscription, plus any additional information that you’ve provided as part of an edWeb.net membership (if that applies), and any supplemental information we may have added for your school.
- We use information we collect in an aggregated way to analyze and evaluate our services to evaluate the performance of our services and make improvements.
- If you ask us to put you on our opt-out email list, we will provide this information to our authorized service providers so you DO NOT receive additional emails from us. This is required by federal CAN-SPAM legislation.
- If we conduct campaigns to invite other members of the education community to subscribe to edWeb.TV, we will provide your contact information to our authorized service providers so you DO NOT receive duplicate email invitations from us.
- We employ subcontractors and service providers who help us develop and maintain edWeb.TV and our services. They have access to our user information, so that they can perform their services for us, including maintaining our website, hosting services, and performing system maintenance and enhancement. These parties are subject to confidentiality agreements that restrict their use and disclosure of information they obtain through their relationship with us.
- As required by applicable law, or in response to legal process, to protect our rights or property, or to protect our safety or the safety of our users or others.
In addition, edWeb.TV may use your personal information to:
- Contact you by email or phone regarding your subscription and activities on the site.
- To assist you if you have lost your edWeb.TV user ID or need help changing your user ID or password.
When you subscribe to edWeb.TV you give us your permission to use email to send you periodic updates, customer surveys, and information and to use your email address to send you notifications of activities related to your participation on the site. You also give us your permission to send you email newsletters and promotional emails about upcoming webinars and other services from edWeb.net. You can unsubscribe from our email marketing communications by following the instructions at the bottom of the email message. If at any time you are concerned about email you are receiving from edWeb.TV or edWeb.net, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take appropriate precautions to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. The site uses a secure web protocol, which allows web browser programs to interact with the server via an encrypted session using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection between you and us. You can identify that you are on a secure web page by “https” or a lock appearing on the screen.
Do not share your password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password. If you are using a computer to which others have access, such as one in a computer lab, Internet cafe, or public library, always remember to log out and close your browser window when leaving the site. Do not save your password on a public or shared computer.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use appropriate means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you disclose via edWeb.TV, including via e-mail. By disclosing any information, you accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security. We disclaim all liability for the security of information transmitted through the Internet.
Links to Third Parties