The Power of eBooks in a Personalized Learning Environment
Harness the power of eBooks to support personalized learning environments. Maximize the use of your students’ mobile devices to access eBooks and produce a personalized approach to reading. Learn about instructional activities that highlight the features of eBooks while providing tips for integrating technology into reader response. During the presentation, Digital Content Michelle Easley:
- Briefly reviewed the 7 principles of personalized learning.
- Explored the connection between the personalized learning principles and personalized reading options afforded by eBooks.
- Examined current research on effective reading instruction utilizing eBooks.
- Developed strategies to support the individual reader.
- Reviewed suggested instructional activities using eBook features and tools.
- Reviewed suggestions for integrating technology into reader response and explore best practices.
- Reviewed the basics regarding eBook purchasing.
- Examined a sample eBook collection development strategy.