52 Ways to Boost Young Children’s Brain Development
All forms of learning involve changes in the brain. The input from a child’s daily environment, especially the people in his/her life, directly affects how the intricate connections in the brain are wired. By working with and caring for a child in deliberate ways, an adult can influence the way a child’s mind grows. Responsive, attentive care allows the brain to develop in a healthy way. The central brain structures critical for learning and memory form early and are resistant, but not impossible, to change.
Learning objectives for this webinar include:
- Discover how paying attention to the sequence and timing of how young brains wire up can guide the activities and experiences a caregiver should provide
- Realize how varying levels of stress cause different reactions in the brain
- Become aware of how many skills depend on pattern recognition
- Be able to explain how play is linked biologically to motivation and learning
- Learn effective arguments to explain the wisdom of the early childhood return on investment